Saturday, June 23, 2007

Update

My dad is doing all right. Sarah said he is acting like himself again and feeling better. I have officially (although as yet unannounced) decided that "adventure" vacations are out, and relaxing vacations are in.

Speaking of vacations, the owner of the nicer place at the beach offered us a slight discount so as it turns out, we won't be staying in the roach motel after all. Phew.

Since voicing my complaints seems to have worked out, I will do it again. Our AC has gone on the fritz and I fear the hundreds it may take to fix, or worse, the thousands it may take to replace. Fortunately, it is a rather mild Texas summer evening, and having the windows open is actually helping, not hurting, the situation. I hope tomorrow isn't a scorcher!

Just saw a nice movie called "Waitress". It made me laugh and cry and long to come home and cuddle my sweet girl. It also made me want to eat pie, but the gross popcorn made me ill enough to not want to seek out pie at 10pm. It wouldn't have been as good as I wanted it to be anyway.

I need to find my camera because I have pictures of Claire to post and I know anyone I share this with will be most interested in those, rather than whatever mundane thoughts I choose to document. It's all about the archive, baby. Claire will want to read this one day, right??

No comments: